These Recruiting Insights Will Make You Rethink Everything
Figuring out where to look for job seekers is just one step on the long, obstacle-ridden path known as recruiting. While employers often struggle with attracting and hiring the right people, they also find it difficult to retain their top players.
How can hiring professionals strategize in order to hire and retain the most qualified candidates?
The infographic below — compiled by RolePoint, a complete social recruiting suite — introduces the importance of sourcing in the right place and explores how to write effective job descriptions, cater to a large pool of job seekers, engage employees in recruiting, and offer professional development to your A players.
Here are some highlights:
- Avoiding a toxic employee could save a business nearly $12,500.
- Job descriptions that focus on the candidate’s needs received 3x as many highly rated applicants, as opposed to those that just list skills and attributes needed.
- 23% of job seekers would never apply for a job at a company again if they experienced issues while filling out an online application.
- 24% of job seekers say that employee referrals helped them find their most fulfilling job.
- 40% of employees consider their employer’s commitment to professional development as very important to their job satisfaction.
Check out the full infographic below for some recruiting insights, as well as some direction in starting an employee referral program and offering advancement opportunities to your best employees.
What does your recruiting strategy look like, and how effective is it? Share in the comments below.