The #iwTORONTO series of meet-ups starts with a bang this evening as HR, Talent, Tech and C-Level pros come together in downtown Toronto for an evening of learning and networking.
The theme for the first meetup is Innovative ways companies are recruiting and engaging talent.
As an HR and Tech community, we are always looking for ways to improve and get ahead in the world of work. The event has been launched by WorkTango and The HR Gazette to provide a fresh way for emerging and established tech brands to meet with HR and managers and share ideas about better ways to recruit, retain, engage and collaborate with colleagues.
The HR Gazette’s Publisher and innovateworkTO co-founder Bill Banham said “Tonight’s event promises to offer some awesome speakers and plenty of networking ops for HR and leaders in Toronto looking to shape how we engage and collaborate with colleagues in the future world of work. Rob Catalano from WorkTango has led the charge. He has attracted some top names to help attendees discover new ways to work smarter”.
Speakers will be from such brands as MaRS Venture Services, Helpful, Collage, Wexler Human Capital Consulting and Ceridian.
• 5:30 – 6:30 – Network
• 6:30 – 6:40 – Event Introduction – Rob Catalano, WorkTango
• 6:40 – 7:25 – Panel: The Consumerization of HR: What the future looks like and how business leaders must evolve
Moderator: Daneal Charney, Talent Lead, MaRS Venture Services
Farhan Thawar, CTO, CoFounder of Helpful
Elijah Moore, CEO, CoFounder of Collage
David Wexler, Wexler Human Capital Consulting
• 7:25 – 7:40 – Break
• 7:40 – 8:45 – HR Leader Series
• 7:40 – 8:00 – Maurice Fernandes, Manager, Employment Brand & HR Social Media, Ceridian
• 8:00 – 8:20 – Going Beyond D&I programs: The daily practice of becoming an inclusive leader – Deanne Dillon, Senior Director, HR at SNC-Lavalin
• 8:20 – 8:40 – Talent Acquisition Reinvented – The Agile Approach (on hiring twice the amount of people in half the time) – Avery Francis, Director, Talent at Rangle.io
• 8:45 – 9:15 – Networking
Panel and Session Details:
The Consumerization of HR: What the future looks like and how business leaders must evolve
This panel, led by Daneal Charney, digs deep into the future of the workplace, what it will look like, and what company leaders and HR professionals will need to consider as the world of work evolves. Panel members are visionaries in the realm of workplace innovation, technology and have interesting views on how organizations must respond to the rapidly changing expectations of employees.
Please note: Our first event has a modest capacity of 60-70 people. We will carefully select attendees and confirm at least 2 weeks prior to the event if you’ve been accepted as a guest. Members who are not invited for the May event will get lots of other opportunities to network with our new community as we look to roll out monthly meet-ups.
Join the innovateworkTO meetup group for latest info on the events happening in June and August 2017.