Six Great Ideas For National Employee Appreciation Day
With National Employee Appreciation Day falling on Friday, March 4th, 2016, there’s more than enough time to organize something special for your employees. It’s a great opportunity to show your appreciation for all their hard work and dedication. Here are some ideas that you can use to help with the process.
- Take Them Out Somewhere – Take this opportunity to do something more special than taking employees out for drinks at the company’s expense. Do something more interesting and unique like axe throwing, taking them to a trampoline park, escape rooms, or even taking them to a karaoke bar are some examples. Not only can it be a team building opportunity but it will make for a great story for employees to tell their loved ones.
- Keep Them Healthy – Sitting in an office in front of a computer isn’t going to keep employees healthy. Purchase some fitness technology like Fitbit, pay for the first two months of their gym membership, or perhaps pay for a yoga class. It’s a way to show that you care about their well-being but also a chance for you to do something nice for them.
- A Night Out In The City – Who doesn’t love being a tourist in their own city? If you’re company is based in or close to a major city, use that to your advantage. Pay for their hotel rooms, go to the hotel’s cocktail lounge or have an evening out on the town. Do some touristy things so employees can learn more about their city and have fun.
- Change The Office Up For The Day – The office can be a little mundane at times, so why not switch it up? Decorate the office however you feel fit, have yoga balls available for people who want to sit at their desks and work on their abs, or contact your local animal shelter so they can bring in puppies that are available for adoption.
- Treat It Like Valentine’s Day – Bring in some flowers, chocolates, and some small gifts for all your employees. Write some handwritten notes telling employees how much you appreciate them. This is a great way to individualize each employee.
- Office Carnival – If you have a decent sized parking lot or an area close by that you can set up a carnival, then this one works. Get a bouncy castle, a clown, some face painters, cook some burgers and hot dogs, etc. Get the employees to invite their families and close friends out and have some fun after work!
Even if you don’t decide to do anything this extravagant for National Employee Appreciation Day, do something for your employees. They deserve it!
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not of The HR Gazette or its team members.