Employee management systems take care of things like maintaining employee details, setting reminders for important tasks and for accurate payroll processing. Features like these make employee management software popular among HR professionals around the world. In fact, many companies have already invested in these solutions for their proven efficiency and agility.
This amalgamation of HRM and IT, especially Cloud computing has paved ways for faster Employee Management system which can do all those complex and onerous chores of an HR in a pinch besides ensuring data safety and security.
Key features of Employee Management system:
• Quick Payroll processing
• Meticulous Performance tracking
• Precise Report Generations
• Updates and Announcements
Delving further, the question is what makes employee management systems so agile and efficient?
Simply put, employee management is a time-consuming process. Some components like performance tracking may take months or years of data entry to produce the desired output. and may require manual entry by the human resource personnel. Since some records need to be maintained until the end of the financial year, maintaining such data over a long period of time is undoubtedly a tiresome task.
On the other hand, employee management software consistently keeps a record of all the data through its well-integrated and automated modules and can compile the records on demand thereby relieving the HR hours of daily slogging. Software makes use of the cloud to store data, which addresses the hassles of hunting the data through papers and Hard Drives. Paperless payroll processing on the go.
An Employee Management Software consists of the following key modules:
• Employee details: It helps HR store all the necessary details related to employees, like educational qualifications, contact details, emergency contacts and job profiles, at the click of a button.
• Time and Attendance: Attendance management can be integrated with Biometric attendance system to keep a track of time, hours of working, overtime shifts and leaves of absence, and records it to be used for payroll processing and performance tracking.
• Payroll Processing: After considering the records for attendance and timing, taxes, PF and bonus if any, the payroll can be generated and processed automatically.
• Employee self-service Portal: This portal gives leave management a boost by giving the employee the ability to self-track their leaves and send requests for the same. It also lets the employees generate electronic payslips and maintain their personal and professional details on the run. Thus, providing the HR a space to focus on other important responsibilities.
• Notification and Updates: Introduction of new employees, new policy, company updates, even birthdates can be notified to employees through employee management systems, which improves communication across the organization.
• Task Management: Task management lets you assign projects and keep the employee informed regarding the timelines.
• Performance and Appraisals: With details like timing, attendance, and tasks completed by employees, it becomes easier to track employee performance and appraisals can be rewarded.
Employee management software reduces the burden from both employees and HR with its easy-to-use modules that makes workforce management much more agile and efficient.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not of The HR Gazette or its team members.